Touchdown

Welp, mirroring the entry title, I've somewhat finally stumbled unto the end zone of another week, with the final yard being the 6' x 4' space of which I'm blogging comfortably from. i.e: my bed and finally sparing some time to type an entry. Honestly, I feel my writing skillz have devolved over the years passing, perhaps like the proverbial Chinese idiom, having eaten more salt now, I feel the world less sweet than before. Or maybe I've just become very boring. I need to reclaim this very soon in the future, bah! It's almost like learning to swim all over again; you gotta get into the water and swim a coupla warmup laps before getting into the fancy shizzle.

Ok, before I start a round of depressive ranting in here again like an emo 16 yr old, I really should say that things are picking up at the new events management company I work at now. It's only a coupla blocks away from my old office, and I have to admit, I like the new team I work with day in and out, despite sometimes I think they forget I only have 2 hands at times. lawl. Kk, in all honesty, I like working with them. It's a nice change from being cooped up in a less-than-mind-stimulating office for the last 4 years.

And picking up the trail from the last entry, I guess I could say it was a near perfect week, marred by a hiccup of which I'd rather not remember right now, but I don't think I'll be able to forget for a while more.

So what has The Wan been up to?

Let's see. First two days (yes two) I celebrated Angie's birthday over dinners,albeit with different groups, as you can see in the pictures to follow. Monday at Modesto's/Bambo9. Tuesday at Villa Danielli @ The Sheraton Imperial. Now you see, I'm weird in such a way where I prefer ordering pastas so at different restaurants just so i know what's good from bad, but I think I had an overkill after the last two nights. Personally, I found the carbonara at Modesto's nothing to shout about, and the squid ink pasta with sourish artichokes and salmon @ VD a lil less than delectable for my taste buds. But the desserts were delish, altho pricey (duh, did you expect anything less?) Next time, I'm ordering by sight. Then again, if there is a next time... And i'm saying all this full knowing I'll probably go to Delicious tomorrow with Nat. hehe. Oh well, at least the Pesto there rox my sox. And only at the fraction of the price too.

one of my favourite dinner mateys, i say.

As much as I liked Bambo9 the last time I paid it a visit one Saturday night before, the crowd there that Monday night was quite a contrast, with it mostly 40 something yr old men who obviously also came straight from the office with their 30 something female colleagues. Heck, there aint nothing wrong with these ppl wanting to have fun, but I happened to turn at one point of the night to see one of those men trying to shimmy himself against his colleague in what I can only imagine as what he imagines to be dirty dancing. He looked as smooth going lower on her as Peter Crouch doing the robot dance.

A few of the Monday night company.
Having a great time with them is hot. Getting "nudged" by butches is not.Cheeling @ Bambo9
Meetski with double barrels.
Dinner party with the birthday girl sans Jeremy, who had to leave early due to work calls.

Wednesday, apart from satisfying the itch to post an entry, I had this stupidly hilarious conversation with a bunch over TY about who we knew about us could play the characters in Doraemon. I honestly don't remember how it all started, but I remember thinking Amita fitted the role of Sinyu pretty well, with the similiar small cute packaging. lol. i mean seriously:


What do you think? hehe. Naturally, Mita didn't seem to think so.

Thursday, thursday.. hmm.. I remember working up to midnight, then zzzzz.....

And today I found out a new place to play cball someplace in Bukit Damansara called Seri Beringin. I remember passing it a coupla times en route to picking the sis up from work, altho at the time I had completely no idea where I was in Damansara. Pretty looking gated community, albeit not guarded. The court we played on was really half a basketball court, but at least it had street lamps, something of which I'm hoping the BSC court will see to with the volleyball court now undergoing renovation for the next 14 weeks. sigh. Oh, and don't even begin to ask me what I'm doing on polling day. I really should register myself before the next 4 years are up. I forsee myself instead manning a station in tomorrow's sporting games station.

Ah yes, before I go, I would finally like to introduce the newest addition to the family. I kinda meant to the week she arrived after CNY, but work kinda got in the way almost immediately and ever since, she's been like a workhorse to me.

Folks, I'd like you all to meet Lil Miss Techie.

Isn't she lovely?

With all the other specs on her, Core 2 Duo T7250, 2Gb RAM, GeForce 8400 128MB RAM, 160 GB HDD + built in 2.0 camera, I think she's almost like the Terminatrix to my old family desktop. So I guess I can forgive her for being a Vista OS. All in all, I'm glad I waited long enough before getting her. Ahhh...

0 comments: